Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Model Development


Here you can see the box gutter, connecting with the concrete slab. The cliplock roofing is angled at 2 degrees and flows into the gutter. You can also see the safety mesh, insulation and 'Z' purlin.
You can see the cleat that's welded to the 'I' beam. The 'Z' purlin was made from metal sheeting and i bent it using a metal bender. You can see the bolts that connect it to the cleat and the 10mm gap that raises the purlin off the rafter.
My model is coming along. I've had heaps of fun learning to use all the tools such as the metal bender, tin snips, ect.. Initially I found the model difficult to understand, however by making a physical model I now understand how all the elements fit together. I also clarified some elements such as the way the ‘Z’ Purlins face and the order of the safety mesh and insulation.

1 comment:

2A-2008-Andrew Stent said...

Hey leish nice model, did urs cost as much as mine??? so expensive to make!!